Primavera P6 17.7 is here!
Our Primavera P6 EPPM customers will be excited to see several major enhancements in version 17.7. Customers will now be able to print from the EPS, Activity, and Resource Assignments views. We’ve also added new HTML5 Activity Network and Trace Logic views to help customers better understand the relationships and organization of their schedules.
P6 Professional Client customers will see dramatic performance improvements with the addition of enhanced local caching. Local caching will improve the responsiveness of the application in many areas, including scheduling, copy project, and updating relationships.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss upgrading or moving to a hosted P6 solution.
Primavera Gateway v17.7 continues with improvements around enabling custom code extensions to make an effort of developing new connections with external applications easier and more intuitive for the gateway implementation team. In Primavera Gateway 17.7 we added a new feature – External Custom Providers - that allows a new provider to be built, deployed and maintained outside of Primavera Gateway Framework. By leveraging Primavera Gateway SDK and sample code, partners and implementation consultants can now significantly reduce the time required for developing custom integrations.
The July release of Analytics for both on premise and cloud customers contains many new features, including:
- New dashboards focused on project performance and schedule health
- Improved options for P6 history capture and Unifier BP data element support
- More self-service data visualization samples using Oracle Data Visualization
- Support for Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) allowing for near real-time updates between P6 and Primavera Analytics
- Hybrid support allowing you to mix on premise and cloud solutions
Primavera Unifier 17.7 introduces a number of functional and usability enhancements.
- An additional type of vendor filtering for the RFB type BP has been added
- The current year in the Portfolio Manager can now display the actuals for each prior month rather than just showing a total
- The NPV of a lease can be calculated
- Tasks for inactive users can now be reassigned to other users
- A new web service has been added to update the attributes of existing codes in the cost sheet
- Notifications are sent to a new bidder if the email address changes on the master vendor business process.
- The P6 Activity Picker setting the value in the WBS Code has now been extended to other cost type BPs.
- In the BP and Task Log a new search has been added separate from the Views, the Filter has been renamed to Find on Page to reflect more accurately the functionality provided, double clicking on a record will now open the record, if there is more than one page of records the sort will retrieve the data from the server rather than sorting in the browser and we have added the ability to switch back to the classic view.
- Bulk Edit and Bulk Action have a new user interface and both now support Dynamic Data Sets
- In the document manager the folder now has a hover over to display the number of folders and files it contains
- When configuring a custom report with an external data model, the main data view is no longer required
- The Configuration Package Component List will now show an additional column when viewing the Basic Data Definitions and Dynamic Data Sets that indicates if it is included in the selected designs