A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for one or more of the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the shopping cart and other features of our website;
- to improve the website’s usability;
- to analyse the use of our website;
- in the administration of this website;
- to prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
- to personalise our website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Third party cookies
When you use our websites, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers/service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies for one or more of the following purposes:
- to track your browser across multiple websites;
- to build a profile of your web surfing;
- to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our websites.
From time to time we may use other web analytics or analysis tools. The information generated from these tools is used to create reports about the use of our websites.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box;
- in other web browsers, please refer to the relevant help file.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites including our own. If you block cookies when using our websites you will not be able to use some of the features of our websites and you may not experience the designed features or browsing experience that you may otherwise experience if you do not block cookies.
You can change your cookie settings at any time as described above.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
- in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu;
- in other web browsers, please refer to the relevant help file.
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites including ours.
" Milestone have been helping us with Primavera P6 licensing, training and general advice for approximately 5 years and are always ready to pick up the phone & help. Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary, thanks for your help so far and we look forward to many more years of working with you in the future. "
Andy James, Wessex Engineering & Construction Services
"Whether it is within the UK or further across the globe Milestone delivers a quality service each and every time focussed on client satisfaction as the main priority. PMIS Ltd are happy to have worked alongside Milestone on some of those engagements and we very much look forward to doing so again over the next 20 years. "
Raymond Poole , PMIS Ltd
"Milestone have provided us with Oracle Primavera P6 support for the last few years and have helped us develop our planning staff further. I have been impressed with the knowledge of their consultants and the fact that they tailor our requirements specifically in the workshops they deliver."
William Foulds, LSC Group
"Milestone developed an incredibly strong combination of PPM domain expertise, knowledgeable staff, and focus on delivering customer value which became the reason that Primavera came to rely on them as a business partner, and customers selected them for their PPM needs time and time again. "
Dean Forbes , KDS
"Milestone has been LoadSpring Solutions European reseller since 2008. During these years we have successfully worked together to create real cloud solutions for our joint customers. Happy Birthday Milestone and all the best for the years ahead"
Stacey Witt, LoadSpring Solutions Inc
"Milestone helped us move from standalone versions of Primavera P6 on dedicated laptops to a client / server based Enterprise version with an on-site visit by a knowledgeable consultant. By the end of the visit we were able to set up and deploy enterprise client installs and utilise the web version as well."
Kevin Murphy, itmsoil Monitoring Ltd
"Milestone have always delivered the highest quality in terms of projects, results and customer satisfaction. I would like to wish them a very happy 20th birthday and look forward to the next 20! "
David Oates, International at Actiance, Inc
"The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Thanks for showing us we can depend on you... Here’s to another 20 years of great success to Milestone"
André Bester, Clarson Goff Management Ltd
"Milestone always go the extra mile. The service is second to none and you always get value for money. I wish Milestone every success for the future."
Sarah Purdham , Prima Uno Planning & Programming Ltd
"Skanska values its relationship with key suppliers, Milestone has proven to be an excellent long term partner and relationships such as this help offer our clients a unique and winning solution "
Malcolm Stagg, Skanska UK